President Trump got 62.98 million votes in the 2016 election. Hillary Clinton got 65.85 million. So Hillary won the popular vote, right?
Not so fast. Here is a new way to think about it:
The 2016 Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson was a former Republican governor of New Mexico. He got 4.49 million votes. His running mate was William Weld, the former Republican governor of Massachusetts.
Most Libertarians are conservative, anti-government types so they probably would have voted for Trump if there were no Libertarian candidate. This would have given Trump 67.47 million votes. Throw in another 935,000 votes for two other relatively conservative candidates (Evan McMullin and Darrell Castle) and Trump would have gotten 68.41 million votes.
Meanwhile the far-left candidate Jill Stein of the Green party got 1.46 million votes. Stein’s votes probably would have all gone to Hillary Clinton if Stein did not run. Thus if you take Hillary’s vote plus Stein’s vote then Hillary would have gotten 67.31 million.
Thus Trump not only won the electoral votes in a landslide (by 77 electoral votes, or 57% to 43% for Hillary), but the conservative way of thinking really won even the popular vote by 1.1 million votes.
Then consider that Hillary probably got 3 million to 5 million votes through fraud, and you have an even greater Trump win. There is increasing evidence today of the fraud that we conservatives have talked about for years. It is now being incrementally exposed.
This proves that the country is not backsliding toward the Democrats. Hillary could not even win the White House after 25 years of fawning coverage in every media format, on top of 17 months of relentless trashing of Trump. This says a lot about the Democrats and also about Hillary’s horrible campaign.
Meanwhile the renowned election prognosticator Larry Sabato predicted that Hillary would win by 105 electoral votes. On the other hand Nikitas3.com predicted consistently throughout 2016 that Trump would win the White House. So why am I not on TV like Sabato is regularly?
Good question. Now here is today’s main commentary:
‘Greens’ are Selectively Indignant about the Environment
The ‘greenies’ are on the warpath against president Trump since he is ignoring their end-of-the-world narrative of ‘climate change’ or ‘global warming’ or whatever they are calling it these days.
These people have been promoting these crises since the 1960s. Over and over they said that the world was going to run out of oil, that we all were going to starve, that pollution would kill mankind, etc.
There are 13 terrifying predictions at the bottom of this commentary from top environmentalists from the first ‘earth day’. They turned out to be laughably false.
The first ‘earth day’ was April 22, 1970. That date just happened to have been the 100th anniversary, to the day, of the birth of genocidal Soviet communist dictator Lenin. This is no coincidence.
Environmentalism is not about ‘the environment’. It is really a way for the government to take control of everyone’s life, i.e., communism. This is why so much of the ‘green’ movement has been infiltrated by political extremists from the left – because it is their alternative route to power since their direct approach has failed. They now hide behind the façade of the bears and the trees and little old ladies watching birds.
Every single ‘solution’ that the ‘greenies’ offer represents government power, from taxpayer subsidies of inefficient windmills and solar panels; to telling us where and when we can extract oil from the ground; to what kind of car we can drive. And on and on.
It is also important to remember that one of the founders of ‘earth day’, Ira Einhorn, is now serving a life prison sentence for murdering his girlfriend.
The ‘green’ movement was very careful to never call out one of the worst polluters of the 20th century which was the communist Soviet Union. And now they are being careful not to talk too much about the worst polluter of the 21st century which is communist China. No coincidence there. Here is CNBC reporting in 2015:
The air in Beijing is so polluted that breathing it does as much damage to the lungs as smoking 40 cigarettes a day, says a new study. A U.S.-based nonprofit group called Berkeley Earth has released a report, based on data collected by a network of sensors across China, that said more than 80 percent of Chinese people are regularly exposed to pollution that far exceeds levels deemed safe by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
China is building coal-fired power plants all over their country while the ‘greenies’ in the US are seeking to shut them down here. Then China has the nerve to criticize America on the subject of ‘climate change’.
But since China is impugning the US about the environment, with its every word being breathlessly reported in the global media, we rarely see the ‘greenies’ criticize China since China is acting as their ally in a rhetorical war against America.
One of the fundamental and nonsensical aspects of ‘climate change’ is that sea levels are rising, and that coastal cities are going to be flooded at some indeterminate point in the future. But China is building massive new sea-level ports on its coast to ship out their products, along with huge man-made island ports out in the ocean. They would not be doing this if they really believed that sea levels were rising.
Thus China’s environmentalism is propagandistic and opportunistic; it is intended to slow other economies with strangling ‘green’ regulations so that China can openly pollute, build up their economy and seize world markets. China currently has the third-largest economy in the world at $12 trillion after the US ($20 trillion) and the combined output of Europe ($18 trillion).
If you look at the horrible behavior of the ‘greens’ everywhere you see that they don’t really care about the environment at all. One example out of thousands: The pipeline protestors in South Dakota left behind 250 truck-fuls of garbage after they were forced off of the site. They did not pay a penny for the cleanup or participate in the cleanup which took weeks.
Another example: There are 200 dead bodies along the route up Mount Everest. These are climbers who died on their expeditions. In other words, the nature-loving mountaineers really don’t care about the pristine environment that they are ruining. They hike right past the bodies and have for decades.
There are even reported to be 50 tons of garbage on Mount Everest (discarded tents and tarps, oxygen bottles, climbing gear, food packets, old climbing ropes, etc.). It probably is 100 tons but we could expect the media to downplay or underestimate the problem since it is caused by their “green” cronies.
Remember the Golden Rule: Most “environmentalists” don’t care about the environment. They are using the ‘green’ movement to get money, political power and jobs, or to obstruct our economy.
Then it is important to remember that American technology has cleaned up the environment, and is producing a vastly more efficient and thus cleaner economy for all. The US economy produces twice as much Gross Domestic Product per unit of energy input than it did in the 1950s.
So American and Europe first produced every aspect of modern technology (China has produced none), and now have improved it. This is how we get a high standard of living, better health, and longer and longer lives with less and less pollution.
This is why the ‘greenies’ have to fabricate a crisis like ‘global warming’ since their end-of-the-world narrative about “acid rain” and “the hole in the ozone layer” and dioxin and PCBs and all the rest never panned out.
Now just to remind you about the fraud from the enviro movement at the highest levels here is a doomsday list from top eco-leaders. Every one of these predictions made on the first so-called “earth day” in 1970 has been proven spectacularly and laughably wrong (thanks to Reason.com for this list):
1. “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.” — Harvard biologist George Wald
2. “We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation.” — Washington University biologist Barry Commoner
3. “Man must stop pollution and conserve his resources, not merely to enhance existence but to save the race from intolerable deterioration and possible extinction.” — New York Times editorial
4. “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.” — Stanford University biologist Paul Ehrlich
5. “Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born… [By 1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s.” — Paul Ehrlich
6. “It is already too late to avoid mass starvation,” — Denis Hayes, Chief organizer for Earth Day
7. “Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions…. By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.” — North Texas State University professor Peter Gunter
8. “In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution… by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half.” — Life magazine
9. “At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.” — Ecologist Kenneth Watt
10. “Air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone.” — Paul Ehrlich
11. “By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate… that there won’t be any more crude oil. You’ll drive up to the pump and say, ‘Fill ‘er up, buddy,’ and he’ll say, ‘I am very sorry, there isn’t any.'” — Ecologist Kenneth Watt
12. “[One] theory assumes that the earth’s cloud cover will continue to thicken as more dust, fumes, and water vapor are belched into the atmosphere by industrial smokestacks and jet planes. Screened from the sun’s heat, the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born.” — Newsweek magazine
13. “The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.” — Kenneth Watt
(Please bookmark this website. And please recommend this site to all of your friends via Facebook and any other means. Let’s make Nikitas3.com the #1 conservative site by word of mouth. And if you would like to contribute to Nikitas3.com, please click the link at the upper right where it says “support this site”. Thank you, Nikitas)