The Fake News left-wing mainstream media in America (NBC, CNN, New York Times, ABC, CBS, Washington Post, Hollywood, Buzzfeed, etc.) could be said to have been born in the radical 1960s. Since then these media skunks have moved farther and farther to the propagandist left while becoming less and less reliable as news sources.
Under president Trump that shift has been expedited and with disastrous consequences for the media, but not for Trump. The atrocious treatment of president Trump as a candidate and as president is evidence enough of serious media failure but it gets even worse.
Nikitas3.com believes that decades of media bias and lies finally have caught up with the monolithic media machine that now is cracking under the strain of its own brazen dishonesty.
Nikitas3.com also believes that the Fake News media are permanently forfeiting their credibility for temporary gains in the Age of Trump.
Look at these major stories just from the week of December 1 to December 8. This is from Axios.com:
1. Flynn’s testimony: Last Friday, (Brian Ross at) ABC News reported that former national security advisor Michael Flynn was prepared to testify that President Trump, while still a candidate, directed him to contact Russian officials. But later in the day, the network issued a “clarification” that the direction came when Trump was president-elect. That changed the impact of the story entirely as it’s a common occurrence for presidential transition teams to reach out to foreign governments.
2. Deutsche Bank subpoena: Reuters and Bloomberg both reported on Tuesday that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation had subpoenaed Deutsche Bank for information on accounts relating to President Trump and his family members — seemingly confirming that Mueller had expanded his probe to investigate the president’s financial dealings. The Wall Street Journal defused that bombshell in a follow-up report stating that the subpoenas actually dealt with “people or entities close to Mr. Trump.”
3. WikiLeaks emails: CNN reported this morning that senior Trump campaign officials, including Trump himself, received an email from an unknown sender on September 4, 2016 that linked them to what could have been unreleased WikiLeaks documents. The Washington Post issued their own report later in the afternoon that the email was actually sent on September 14 — and linked to a trove of documents that WikiLeaks had publicly released a day earlier.
These were three major media travesties in major media sources in just one single week. Amazing. This is taking a sledgehammer to media credibility that they will never get back.
This dishonesty is nothing new but has accelerated under Trump. In their zeal to take down Trump the media are becoming sloppier and sloppier as they are being driven by their political frenzy and their emotions.
The media also have been controlled for years by radicalized baby-boomers but now by a younger generation that is even less and less skilled and that has been poorly educated in our universities, and heavily indoctrinated too.
Meanwhile Nikitas3.com believes that the entire Russia collusion story is on its way to being proven to be “fake news”. This is perhaps the greatest media scandal in American history. It also is a major threat to our freedom.
At the same time the specious nature of the Mueller probe is being exposed every single day. Mueller’s own suspect past is coming back to haunt him.
Another point – the entire ‘global warming’ narrative is an unproven theory that is being debunked constantly. Still the media promote it every day.
This stuff goes all the way up and down the media food chain. Look at how NBC executives claimed that they knew nothing about the sexual escapades of Matt Lauer. Yet a video of a celebrity dinner way back in 2008 shows that there were many ribald jokes about Lauer. In short, everyone knew.
It gets worse and infinitely more serious. We might look at the New York Times today as a once-impeccable media source that has only in the last few years fallen in its credibility. But the Times had massively worse credibility problems in the past. Here is Wikipedia reporting on the most despicable news reporter in US media history:
Walter Duranty (May 25, 1884 – October 3, 1957) was a Liverpool-born, Anglo-American journalist who served as the Moscow Bureau Chief of The New York Times for fourteen years (1922–1936) following the Bolshevik victory in the Russian Civil War (1918–1921).
In 1932 Duranty received a Pulitzer Prize for a series of reports about the Soviet Union, 11 of them published in June 1931. He was criticized for his subsequent denial of widespread famine (1932–33) in the USSR, most particularly the mass starvation in Ukraine. Years later, there were calls to revoke his Pulitzer; The New York Times, which submitted his works for the prize in 1932, wrote that his later articles denying the famine constituted “some of the worst reporting to appear in this newspaper.”
Still Duranty’s work appeared for 14 years in the New York Times, certainly crammed with hundreds or even thousands of lies, exaggerations and fabrications to cover up not only the forced famine but mass genocide, slave labor and denial of human rights by the communists. This is an indelible and historic blot on this newspaper. So the Times’ loss of credibility in the Age of Trump is nothing new.
The modern era of Junk Journalism began with the 2004 Fake News CBS National Guard story about sitting president George W. Bush that got legendary anchor Dan Rather fired from his job.
Then who could forget the months-long ‘fake news’ hysteria that claimed that three white lacrosse players at Duke University had raped a black stripper in 2006. The lacrosse players were eventually exonerated, the prosecutor in the case went to jail for judicial misconduct, and the lying stripper is now in prison for murdering her boyfriend.
Here is a short list from Infowars.com about major fake news stories in the last few years:
– The fake news that the rebels in Syria were “moderates” who did not have jihadist sympathies and should be supported led to the destruction of Syria, Libya and the rise of ISIS.
– The fake news narrative that the media was balanced in its coverage of the presidential election was completely obliterated when Wikileaks emails revealed that countless mainstream media reporters were in bed with the Clinton campaign, feeding them debate questions beforehand and conspiring with Hillary’s staff to portray her in a positive light.
– The fake news that George Zimmerman was obsessed with Trayvon Martin’s race before the altercation that led to Martin’s death was accomplished by means of NBC deceptively editing an audio tape. This incident stoked racial tensions across the country and laid the groundwork for the violent ‘Black Lives Matter’ movement that was to follow.
– The fake news that produced the “hands up, don’t shoot” narrative, which was proven to be completely fraudulent, led to riots, violent attacks and looting in Ferguson, Missouri, as well as numerous other U.S. cities. Even after the rioting began, the mainstream media continued to legitimize the unrest. Fake news outlets continued to parrot the “hands up, don’t shoot” narrative even after it was proven false.
– The fake news that NBC anchor Brian Williams faced enemy fire while helicoptering into Iraq in 2003 was exposed when soldiers who were aboard the helicopter blew the whistle on his lies. Despite admittedly putting out fake news, Williams still has a career in broadcast journalism.
– The fake news narrative that Donald Trump somehow represents the next coming of Hitler has provoked a hysterical anti-Trump hate crime wave across America, with people and property being attacked on a routine basis. The same hysterical fake news narrative was also responsible for violence and riots at Trump events throughout the campaign cycle…
– The fake news that Donald Trump had no chance whatsoever of winning the presidential election was proudly pushed by countless mainstream media outlets, with the Huffington Post even predicting that Hillary Clinton had a 98% chance of winning the presidency. When this fake news narrative was completely demolished on November 8, it swept away trust in political polling and the mainstream media to an even greater degree, prompting the backlash that you now see with the corporate press calling everyone else “fake news” when they are the real fake news.
Here’s another. The Daily Caller reports about attorney general Jeff Sessions:
In May, CNN reported that Sessions had failed to disclose meetings he had with the Russian ambassador when he was a senator. Justice Department officials told CNN that Sessions had not listed those meetings on a security clearance form, even though the form says to list “any contact” with the “foreign government” or its “representatives” in the past seven years.
…However, CNN admitted early Monday that FBI emails prove that Sessions’ explanation for the non-disclosures is accurate.
This all comes as CNN in particular is seeking to avoid any connection to or mention of the term “fake news” since president Trump has called out CNN specifically as a purveyor of “fake news” and has seriously driven down their ratings.
The Daily Caller even has published a list of SEVEN major Fake News stories from CNN alone in 2017.
Sadly untrustworthy CNN is being kept alive by cable TV royalties, not by its plummeting ratings which would be killing it. Through these royalties CNN gets a fee for each cable subscriber and in return CNN is included in the cable package. This is a way for the cable TV industry to subsidize CNN and keep it afloat.
This “fake news” is everywhere. After the increasingly unreliable Washington Post reported the unproven claim that Republican Alabama US Senate candidate Roy Moore had assaulted a young girl in 1979, a second accuser presented a high school yearbook allegedly signed by Moore and claimed that Moore had assaulted her too. The yearbook was given only as evidence that the two had crossed paths, not of assault.
All of the major Fake News media ran with the yearbook story as if it were proof of the assault. Yet even Nikitas3.com called the yearbook an obvious forgery, which has since been verified. Reliable and conservative PJ Media reported:
On Friday, the woman who presented her yearbook as evidence that Republican Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore sexually assaulted her admitted that she herself had written at least part of the inscription. Beverly Young Nelson, who is represented by notorious lawyer Gloria Allred, admitted to adding to Moore’s inscription, although she still claims he originally wrote it.
“He did sign it,” Nelson insisted to ABC News’ Tom Llamas. He asked her, “And you made some notes underneath?” She then admitted, “Yes.”
Yet even a so-called handwriting expert retained by the Washington Post said in that newspaper that the inscription looked legitimate. But then it turned out that the “analyst” had had just an hour to look over an internet image of the signature, and then gave the Post exactly what it wanted – a confirmation that the signature was genuine. The Post ran with that story.
But then reliable and conservative Breitbart News reported:
(The handwriting analyst) stated that it was only about an hour, or possibly less, from the time he was originally contacted by the Post by email until he gave the newspaper his opinion. That window also included the period of time that he spent looking at the online image.
“It wasn’t an analysis,” (the analyst) stressed. “It was just my observations of whether or not the writings look like they were prepared by one person or multiple people.”
Still the Post ran with the story which any amateur sleuth could see was false. This was a disastrous charade by a major newspaper on a big story that could impact a federal election. In short Moore was being convicted in the press as so many conservatives have been. This is massively dangerous to our liberty. Anyone now can be a victim.
Nikitas3.com believes that the Post should be prosecuted for willfully interfering in a federal election with false reporting.
The Post suffered another more mundane but telling criticism when one of its reporters tweeted a picture of a Trump rally as if to suggest that nobody was showing up. But the photo had been taken long before the rally started.
Once-respected Newsweek even reported that two of the Pence family cats died three months apart, as if this is some sign of evil. CNN then pulled this travesty on December 11. This is from Fox News:
An attempted terrorist attack caused massive chaos during Monday morning’s rush hour in New York City, but some CNN viewers could be in the dark because the network spent an inordinate amount of time covering an anti-Trump story about the president’s soda consumption while details of the chaotic situation unfolded.
This is the type of everyday dishonesty that is undermining the mainstream media on top of the big stories that they are screwing up. The reporter was exposed by president Trump and admitted that his tweet was intentionally misleading.
This dishonesty goes international. Breitbart News reports:
An out-of-court settlement was reached in a libel lawsuit filed by first lady Melania Trump over an article in a magazine published in her home country that claimed she worked as a paid escort during an international modeling career that pre-dated her marriage to President Donald Trump.
The Slovenian magazine, the Suzy, said it has apologized and is giving her financial compensation to settle the case.
Let’s face it – president Trump is stomping on the Fake News media big time. They thought that they were going to run him out of office, yet it is the media themselves who are collapsing.
Meanwhile the New York Times is under severe financial pressures. It has vacated eight full floors of its headquarters building in New York City.
This is all a watershed period in history for the media, particularly with the Brian Ross/ABC News story which caused the stock market to crash 350 points, and tens of billions in equity was lost as the story appeared to offer proof that the Trump-Russia collusion story was true and that Trump would be impeached, leading to instability in the US. But the story was wrong.
Here is how president Trump reacted to the Ross story. Newsweek reports:
President Trump on Sunday encouraged a class-action lawsuit against ABC News over a retracted report on the Trump-Russia investigation that took a hit on the stock market when it was published.
“People who lost money when the Stock Market went down 350 points based on the False and Dishonest reporting of Brian Ross of @ABC News (he has been suspended), should consider hiring a lawyer and suing ABC for the damages this bad reporting has caused – many millions of dollars!” he wrote.
… As a candidate and president, Trump has often suggested changing libel laws or starting congressional investigations into news network to make it easier to punish media outlets for reporting.
Fantastic. Let’s change those laws and get behind a class-action suit. This is what the left has been doing to private corporations for decades, and almost always for totally suspicious or false reasons. Now that the shoe is on the other foot in a sure-fire case, Nikitas3.com would love to see this happen.
ABC suspended Ross for four weeks without pay. Big deal. Just in time for Christmas vacation. He should have been outright fired for one of the most malicious reporting jobs in recent memory that could literally have caused a global financial panic.
Friends, this is a turning point. Nikitas3.com believes that “the Brian Ross story” is going to go down as a significant turning point in modern political history and will be talked about for decades. It’s about time. These media skunks have been using their newspapers and websites and TV stations for decades to spout biased or false reports with the intention of bringing down conservatives.
They now are bringing down themselves. Great. Bring it on.
(Please bookmark this website and send this article by e-mail to your friends. Please recommend this site to all of your friends via Facebook and any other means. Let’s make Nikitas3.com the #1 conservative site by word of mouth. And if you would like to contribute to Nikitas3.com, please click the link at the upper right where it says “support this site”. Thank you, Nikitas)