We continue to learn more and more disturbing facts about the February 14 murder of 17 students and teachers at a Parkland, Florida high school.
While liberals are continuing to blame ‘the gun’ we have more and more proof that this killer was well known as a crackpot and a potential mass murderer but that nothing was done about him in a very liberal high school in a very liberal part of Florida.
There is an old adage that “evil flourishes when good people do nothing”. This applies in this Florida case many times over. Here is the latest from Fox News:
Some school counselors and officials were so concerned about the mental stability of Nikolas Cruz, accused in (the February 14) Florida school massacre, that they decided to have him forcibly committed more than a year before the shooting.
However, the recommendation was never acted upon.
Documents in the criminal case against Cruz showed that school officials at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and a sheriff’s deputy recommended in September 2016 that Cruz be involuntarily committed for mental evaluation under Florida’s Baker Act for at least three days, sources confirmed to Fox News on Sunday.
The documents, part of Cruz’s criminal case in the shooting, showed that he had written the word “kill” in a notebook, told a classmate that he wanted to buy a gun and use it, and had cut his arm supposedly in anger because he had broken up with a girlfriend. He also told another student he had drunk gasoline and was throwing up. Calls had even been made to the FBI about the possibility of Cruz using a gun at school.
The documents, first revealed by The Associated Press, were provided by a psychological assessment service initiated by Cruz’s mother called Henderson Behavioral Health. The documents showed a high school resource officer who was also a sheriff’s deputy and two school counselors recommended in September 2016 that Cruz be committed for mental evaluation under Florida’s Baker Act. That law allows for involuntary commitment for mental health examination for at least three days.
… There is no evidence Cruz was ever committed.
… Such an involuntary commitment also would have been a high obstacle if not a complete barrier to legally obtaining a firearm, such as the AR-15 rifle used in the Stoneman Douglas massacre on Feb. 14, authorities said.
So there you go. Good people failed to act and evil flourished. FBI also had been warned twice and failed to act. Local police knew well about this guy but never acted. Many of his fellow students knew that the guy was a maniac but they did nothing.
This killer would never have been able to buy that rifle if his case had been acted on by any one of these parties.
This is precisely why we have a background check system for gun purchases. And thus we do not need any new gun laws; we need to enforce existing laws.
The same thing happened with the Sutherland Springs church shooter in Texas. He was supposed to have been in jail the day of the shootings but was released several years early, probably by a lenient judge or lenient interpretation of the law. He also was supposed to be on a no-buy list for gun purchases but the serious assault crime that he committed was never reported to the federal gun database and so he was able to buy the gun and kill 25 people in the church.
Friends, we are a nation of laws. We have good laws. Our nation’s Founders believed rightly that we should have strong laws but not too many laws, and that we should have effective laws that are easy to comprehend and most importantly that are enforced.
Probe into FISA Abuse Getting Closer to Reality
We conservatives have been very upset with attorney general Jeff Sessions for being slow to take on the issue of what appears to be illegally-obtained FISA warrants being issued under Obama’s Justice Department and FBI to spy on the Trump campaign and transition team.
We now may finally be getting some action. The Daily Caller reports:
Department of Justice inspector general Michael Horowitz opened an investigation Wednesday into possible FISA abuses by the Justice Department and FBI officials and the nature of contacts between the FBI and a confidential source.
“The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) will initiate a review that will examine the Justice Department’s and the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) compliance with legal requirements, and with applicable DOJ and FBI policies and procedures, in applications filed with the U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) relating to a certain U.S. person,” DOJ spokesman John Lavinsky said in a statement accompanying the announcement.
Lavinsky explained that “as part of this examination, the OIG also will review information that was known to the DOJ and the FBI at the time the applications were filed from or about an alleged FBI confidential source.”
Lavinsky noted that the investigation was prompted by requests from several members of Congress and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. House Republicans recently released a memo claiming widespread abuse of the FISA process on the part of the DOJ and FBI in order to obtain a surveillance warrant on former Trump campaign associate Carter Page.
The timing of the investigation and the reference to members of Congress point to Page as the U.S. person. The statement’s reference to a confidential source similarly floats concerns found in the Republican memo which found that the FBI and the DOJ did not disclose the political origins of the Steele dossier in its FISA application and revealed previously undisclosed testimony from former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe that an investigation into Page would not have occurred without Steele’s dossier.
The nature of contacts between DOJ officials and Steele during the opening of an investigation into the 2016 Trump campaign has been the nature of some controversy. The Republican memo especially expressed concern over the nature of meetings between Steele and DOJ official Bruce Ohr, whose wife worked for Steele for some time.
Meanwhile Fox News reports about other issues that need to be investigated:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions revealed Thursday a federal prosecutor was evaluating certain issues involving the FBI, the Clinton Foundation and Uranium One, but said he would not appoint a second special counsel at this point.
In a letter directed to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte and House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, Sessions revealed that he asked U.S. Attorney John Huber to lead the evaluation into issues raised by the committees in recent months.
“I write in response to recent letters requesting the appointment of a Special Counsel to review certain prosecutorial and investigative determinations made by the Department of Justice in 2016 and 2017. I take the concerns you raise seriously,” Sessions wrote, noting how important it was that the American people and Congress had “confidence” in the Justice Department.
“While we continue to believe the appointment of a second Special Counsel is necessary, this is a step in the right direction. We expect that U.S. Attorney Huber, given his reputation, will conduct an independent and thorough investigation. Such an investigation is critical to restoring the reputation of both the Bureau and DOJ in the eyes of the American people,” Goodlatte and Gowdy responded in a statement.
Sessions referenced a November 2017 letter sent by Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd, first reports by Fox News, directing senior federal prosecutors to evaluate “certain issues” requested by congressional Republicans, involving the sale of Uranium One and alleged unlawful dealings related to the Clinton Foundation.
This is all good news. Sometimes good things take time. Let us hope that these growing investigations leads to not one but two special counsels.
Muslim Police Officer Charged with Murder of White Woman
Fox News reports:
The Minneapolis police officer who fatally shot an Australian woman in July was charged with murder Tuesday after he turned himself in when a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Officer Mohamed Noor turned himself in on Tuesday in connection to the 2017 death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond. his attorney confirmed.
The criminal complaint remained sealed by midday Tuesday, but according to the jail roster Noor was booked on a third-degree murder charge for perpetrating an eminently dangerous act while showing a “depraved mind.” The second-degree manslaughter charge alleges he acted with “culpable negligence creating unreasonable risk.”
Damond was shot July 15 (2017) minutes after calling 911 to report a possible sexual assault in the alley behind her home. The 40-year-old life coach’s death drew international attention, cost the police chief her job and forced major revisions to the department’s policy on body cameras.
… Noor, a 32-year-old Somali-American, has not talked publicly about the case and declined to be interviewed by state investigators.
This case is particularly disturbing since Noor was praised to the heavens when he became Minneapolis’ first Somali/muslim police officer.
He shot and killed Damond even though she was a non-threatening white woman who was dressed in her pajamas during the nighttime shooting, adding to the outrage over Noor, even in liberal Minneapolis.
There appears to have been a strongly racist element to the shooting. It should be investigated for such.
Syrian War Winding Down
We all know that president Trump’s foreign policy is as successful as his domestic policy. The Syrian and Iraq wars are winding down since president Trump made good on his promise to “bomb the sh## out of ISIS”. Here is a recent report from Fox News to prove the point:
Syrian state media say the largest rebel group in Damascus’ eastern Ghouta, the Army of Islam, has begun to evacuate from the area’s last holdout town. The government is waiting for the rebels to leave the besieged town of Douma, just east of Damascus, before it can say it has full control of the area, after seven years of revolt. Douma is the last town to hold out against government forces in the once rebel-held suburbs.
The SANA news agency says two buses carrying the rebels left Douma on Monday morning, heading for Jarablus, a town in north Syria shared between rebels and Turkish forces.
(Please bookmark this website and send this article by e-mail to your friends. Please recommend this site to all of your friends via Facebook and any other means. Let’s make Nikitas3.com the #1 conservative site by word of mouth. And if you would like to contribute to Nikitas3.com, please click the link at the upper right where it says “support this site”. Thank you, Nikitas)