Just a few weeks after president Trump threatened to declare a national emergency over the porous Mexican border the city council in Vancouver, Canada (population 650,000) declared a “climate emergency”.
This is just the latest effort by the globalists and socialists to steal our money and our freedom. Here is more from The Huffington Post:
A new report from one of the world’s most prestigious medical journals says Canada’s failure to cut greenhouse-gas emissions isn’t just killing the planet, it’s killing Canadians.
he report on the health impacts of climate change, published Wednesday in The Lancet, concludes that successfully tackling climate change would be the single biggest thing governments can do to improve human health this century.
Chronic exposure to air pollution from greenhouse-gas-emitting activities is contributing to the deaths of an estimated 7,142 Canadians a year, and 2.1 million people worldwide, the report said.
This is the respected Lancet making this claim and we know that the elite global medical community has become very left-wing. This would be like Harvard saying that ‘climate change’ is the big crisis. It is predictable.
Second, The Lancet apparently is no longer interested in human health issues like cancer, heart attacks, diabetes, malnutrition, etc. No, suddenly “tackling climate change” is the “single biggest thing” that government can do.
In other words, the global medical community has decided to go all-in on the theory of a ‘green’ crisis. Nothing else matters. This is frightening.
Indeed we see these liberal doctors railing against ‘climate change’, guns and cigarettes (all issues that they can blame on conservatives) but they virtually never utter a peep about the devastating mental and physical effects emanating from the left like homosexuality/AIDS, marijuana smoking, debilitating or deadly sexually-transmitted diseases (particularly among women), or abortion. Huffington Post continues:
Heat waves, forest fires, flooding and major storms are causing more deaths and long-term illnesses but little data is available on how many.
The first recommendation in the report is simply to track the number of heat-related illnesses and deaths in Canada, something that isn’t done at all in most provinces.
Notice that that “little data is available”. That means that they can make up whatever numbers they want. So how did they come up with this quote: “Chronic exposure to air pollution from greenhouse-gas-emitting activities is contributing to the deaths of an estimated 7,142 Canadians a year, and 2.1 million people worldwide, the report said.”
Answer: They are making it up as they are always making up numbers about the future and always erring way over on the side of a coming ‘climate crisis’. The Huffington Post continued:
The world’s average surface temperature is already about (1 degree Celsius or about 1.8 degrees Farenheit) warmer than it was in the pre-industrial era, and if we continue to emit greenhouse gases at present levels, the increase will be between 2.6 C and 4.8 C by the end of the century, she said.
This is classic ‘green’ distortion – 1.8 degrees Farenheit over 250 years is easily within normal climate fluctuations particularly since the world has been in a natural warming period since around 1850. This came after a 500-year cooling period, including The Mini Ice Age.
Second, the “researchers” are very careful not to go back for comparison to the Medieval Warm Period (900 AD to 1300 AD) when global temperatures were much hotter than today but when zero coal, oil or natural gas was being burned.
Third, the increase of “2.6 C to 4.8 C” is intended as an alarmist projection. But from the frigid Winters that Nikitas3.com has been experiencing over the last decade in the Northeastern United States I am feeling “global cooling” and so are many others (temperatures in the Upper Midwest are supposed to go to 60 below zero with the wind chill on the day that this commentary is being posted, the coldest in memory.). Huffington Post continued:
“We’re not sure we can adapt to that in a way where we can maintain the same civilizational stability and health-care systems we’re used to,” said Howard.
“We’re talking about not just maintaining disease levels, we’re talking about our ability to provide health care.”
Yeah, right… the usual end-of-the-world stuff. It never stops. Huffington Post continued:
Fine particles of pollutants in the air cause premature deaths from heart disease, strokes, lung cancer, acute respiratory infections and chronic lung disease. More frequent heat waves contribute to heat stroke and more intense pollen seasons, which can aggravate allergies and asthma, as can forest fires.
Warmer temperatures are also helping insects thrive, which means more bug-borne illnesses. The incidence of Lyme disease, which is carried by ticks, went up 50 per cent in 2017 alone.
‘Greenies’ will never tell you that a warmer climate offers longer growing seasons, more abundant food crops, bigger trees, wildlife population growth, less consumption of heating oil, huge savings by cities and towns on snow removal costs (plowing, sanding, salting, etc.), fewer slip-and-fall injuries on the ice, fewer heart-attacks deaths from shoveling, fewer roof collapses under heavy snow, fewer houses set on fire by wood-burning stoves, fewer winter car accidents, etc. That all sounds pretty darned good to Nikitas3.com. Huffington Post reports:
Howard said a new term emerging among mental-health professionals is “eco-anxiety,” describing mental stress caused by climate-related changes — or even just the threat they might occur.
Yes, and who is shoving this eco-anxiety down our throats every minute of every day? The ‘greenies’ do it. They are scaring children to death. This is why so many kids are depressed, angry and frightened these days. And that is just how the ‘greenies’ want them so that they can control them through emotion. Huffington Post reports:
In San Francisco this month, smoke from wild fires made the air some of the most dangerous in the world. Doctors told people to stay in, and to wear masks if they absolutely had to go outdoors.
Howard said work is underway to improve smoke forecasting, so people can be told when they can expect to go outdoors and get exercise and sunlight safely during extended smoke warnings.
California can reduce wildfires by managing its forests. They can do this by allowing private loggers to go in and clean out dead wood, thin the forests systematically according to tried and true methods that have been used for centuries, and cut fire breaks, all making a profit and for no cost to the state.
But the ‘greenies’ have stopped all of this private logging activity which is why we have these huge fires all over the West, starting with the massive Yellowstone fire of 1988.
Now just to remind you about the fraud from the enviro movement at the highest levels here is a doomsday list from top eco-leaders. Every one of these predictions made on the first so-called “earth day” in 1970 has been proven spectacularly and laughably wrong (thanks to Reason.com for this list):
1. “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.” — Harvard biologist George Wald
2. “We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation.” — Washington University biologist Barry Commoner
3. “Man must stop pollution and conserve his resources, not merely to enhance existence but to save the race from intolerable deterioration and possible extinction.” — New York Times editorial
4. “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.” — Stanford University biologist Paul Ehrlich
5. “Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born… [By 1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s.” — Paul Ehrlich
6. “It is already too late to avoid mass starvation,” — Denis Hayes, Chief organizer for Earth Day
7. “Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions…. By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.” — North Texas State University professor Peter Gunter
8. “In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution… by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half.” — Life magazine
9. “At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.” — Ecologist Kenneth Watt
10. “Air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone.” — Paul Ehrlich
11. “By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate… that there won’t be any more crude oil. You’ll drive up to the pump and say, ‘Fill ‘er up, buddy,’ and he’ll say, ‘I am very sorry, there isn’t any.’” — Ecologist Kenneth Watt
12. “[One] theory assumes that the earth’s cloud cover will continue to thicken as more dust, fumes, and water vapor are belched into the atmosphere by industrial smokestacks and jet planes. Screened from the sun’s heat, the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born.” — Newsweek magazine
13. “The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.” — Kenneth Watt