Charleston, South Carolina is a beautiful city. I attended a conference there in August 2011 and strolled the streets several times to enjoy the historic architecture. Here are just a few pictures for your enjoyment. Note the top one: The door on the left side leads to an open porch like the one right above! This is very common in Charleston and a nice regional architectural note. The citizens of the city love their yards, which is apparent from these photos. The bottom picture is one of the elegant mansions nearest the harbor, with the breezes to take away the summer heat. It is said that South Carolina plantation owners even had summer homes in Charleston because it is by the cooler sea.
- Turks Protest/ “Obama’s Vietnam” in Syria?
- Fascinating News about Government Spending
- Colorado is the New California
- ‘Republicans’ Bob Dole, Chris Christie Ignore GOP Success
- PRISM Scandal Could be Obama’s Worst Yet
- Rent Control is Another Failed Socialist Concept
- 310 MPH Passenger Train in Japan… So What?
- Liberal Media Suggest that We Ignore IRS Scandal
- New York Sex-Ed Proposal Shows City’s Decline
- Vast New American Oil, Gas Supplies are Emerging
- Conservative US States are Thriving, Liberal States are Dying
- Europe Sinks… and They Don’t Know Why