Charleston, South Carolina is a beautiful city. I attended a conference there in August 2011 and strolled the streets several times to enjoy the historic architecture. Here are just a few pictures for your enjoyment. Note the top one: The door on the left side leads to an open porch like the one right above! This is very common in Charleston and a nice regional architectural note. The citizens of the city love their yards, which is apparent from these photos. The bottom picture is one of the elegant mansions nearest the harbor, with the breezes to take away the summer heat. It is said that South Carolina plantation owners even had summer homes in Charleston because it is by the cooler sea.
- Electric Car is Now Powered by Gasoline Engine
- Is Obama a Muslim? An Atheist?
- SPECIAL: Liberal Media Ignore Black Violence Against Whites
- Americans Flock to Conservative Texas
- Arts: Thoughts About Art
- Skilled, Educated Immigrants Must be Top Priority
- Enjoy Christmas, Not the Media Pity Party
- Happy Thanksgiving to All…
- Employers, Not Government, Should Set Minimum Wage
- Democrats Obliterate Key Senate Rule with ‘Nuclear Option’
- Americans Have Become Eco-Slaves
- Prescription for Conservative/Republican Victory