There’s a 3-part video on YouTube that is supposed to finally expose a mythical “Texas-sized” area in the middle of the Pacific Ocean that is alleged to contain millions of tons of plastic that is swirling around in a big circular current like a massive garbage dump.
This agglomeration of plastic is supposed to be the result of garbage on the land that has ended up in the sea, or that has been dumped overboard from ships.
But this video was just another environmentalist hoax. Precisely as expected.
In the three-part video, each segment about 25 minutes long, Nikitas3.com repeatedly clicked through to find the part when this vortex of trash would finally be revealed.
It never was. The video just kept repeating the same image over and over again: The ‘researchers’ on their boat repeatedly showing a small jar full of water with bits of plastic in it accompanied by dire reports about all of the plastic pollution in the sea.
At one point the video finally showed the biggest example that the expedition had seen of the garbage. And Nikitas3.com waited with excitement! This must be proof of this massive plastic dump! But it showed just a crumpled-up fishing net.
Hey, folks, this Ocean Full of Garbage ploy is just another fraud. It is like everything else that these people say is so dangerous to life on earth – the hole in the ozone layer, nuclear power, radon in every basement, acid rain, acid oceans, ‘global warming’ etc.
So what is this video really about?
Well, along with regular web stories about this alleged garbage dump, most viewers would come away from the video warning that the oceans are being choked with plastic but with no proof, and without anyone ever actually seeing it.
Now here is a quote from a Democrat US congresswoman from Texas:
“With Earth Day upon us, I would just like to note a few of the things we have learned in the past several years – the Earth is warming… and sea levels are rising. We know all of this from climate science.” (end of quote)
This is a blatant lie. There is not one shred of proof, not even any evidence, that sea levels are rising. But these people just keep saying it. Because this fake ‘climate science’ tells the lie over and over. In other words, they make a claim but with no proof, and without anyone ever actually seeing it.
These types of claims are aimed at the kinds of unthinking and gullible people, particularly impressionable young people, that the enviro movement always targets with their hysterical propaganda (see further down for 13 apocalyptic predictions from the first Earth Day in 1970, predictions that never have even vaguely come true.)
Friends, this is how these propagandists work. They use pure deception, like the Liberal Media telling us what a wonderful job Obama is doing as our economy sinks into oblivion.
This is like the environmentalists’ deception about nuclear energy. They warn us about how dangerous nuclear power is but they can never point to one single American who has ever died from nuclear power.
In fact US president Jimmy Carter visited the site of the Three Mile Island accident in 1979. And while it was being portrayed as a world-ending incident, Carter went right inside the reactor building – which was alleged to be the most dangerous place on earth – and he is still alive in 2013. Because the environmentalist phobia about radiation is 100% fake.
Then the alarmists point to the Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan in Spring 2011. Yet still they cannot point to a single person who has died from radiation.
Meanwhile the same world media ignore 15,861 deaths, 6,107 injured, and 3,018 people missing from the earthquake and tsunami that caused the Fukushima accident. In other words, they ignore the horrible pain, injury and death inflicted by mother nature, which they always refer to as a benign force.
So the next time you hear an environmentalist describe a “Texas-sized” plastic dump in the Pacific Ocean or rising sea levels or the certain danger of nuclear power, ask for clear, unequivocal proof and real numbers. Never accept what they say or what their “studies” say. And you can debunk them every single time.
This is why Al Gore will never debate ‘global warming’ in a public forum. Because he knows that he will be exposed as a fraud.
If you remember the Gulf of Mexico oil spill of Spring 2010 you remember that every day for months that the media alarmists showed the well spouting crude oil into the ocean. And we were all supposed to shake our heads and demand that oil never be used again to power our economy.
Then those same media showed us other apocalyptic images – of marsh grasses being surrounded by a glob of oil (the same image over and over because it only happened in one place) and tar balls washing up on the beaches.
And then they predicted that the spill would create an oily current in the ocean that would sweep around Florida and make its way up the East Coast of the United States, blackening every beach in its path and ruining the summer tourist season.
It never happened. It was all trumped up hysteria, which is what all of environmentalism is based on. Even the Gulf Coast tourist season was ruined not by the oil spill itself but by the media frenzy.
In fact, the actual amount of crude oil lost was like spilling a cup of oil into a lake. Compared to the massive amount of water in the Gulf of Mexico, the oil leak was infinitesimally small.
The oil also was a very light crude and it just mixed into sea water and dispersed. And if you want to know what happened to the oil, just imagine putting a bath towel into the ocean and agitating it around for a few weeks. The towel would be destroyed because the salty ocean is mercilessly corrosive.
And don’t forget that oil is carbon, which is the building block of all of life. So the oil would not be the great danger that the alarmists say, would it? After all we smear Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on our face to salve a wound.
But like the “Texas sized” garbage dump of plastic, the environmentalists used their media friends to blow the Gulf oil spill all out of proportion just like they have blown the danger of nuclear power all out of proportion.
In fact nuclear power is vastly better for the environment than any other energy source. It is the most efficient energy source ever. Yet enviros continue to block it and to warn about how dangerous it is. But here are some significant, proven facts that contradict their false charges:
*The Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were hit directly by American nuclear bomb blasts in 1945. Yet people live there today and have lived there since right after the blasts. But the hysterical environmentalists of 1945 warned us over and over that the radiation would make those cities unlivable for thousands of years.
*The worst nuclear accident in the world, at Chernobyl in Ukraine in 1986, was predicted to kill millions of people. But in fact it killed just 31 people who were up close to the plant fighting the reactor fire, according to widely published reports. Meanwhile the area around the plant, which enviros said would be sterile for thousands of years, today is home to a lush variety of flora and fauna.
*The US government detonated atomic bombs in open-air tests just over the horizon from Las Vegas, Nevada in the 1940s. Yet Las Vegas never has been deemed radioactive and off limits to humans. Are there large swaths of Nevada that are radiation danger zones? No.
*Today a common medical practice shoots radiation at cancer cells to kill them. Yet the radiation does not kill the nearby cells or harm the patient.
*Today almost every American home has a radiation device in its kitchen – a microwave oven. Yet environmentalists warned about this “dangerous device” when it first was introduced.
Note: Earth Day was April 22. And in case you did not know, the first Earth Day was April 22, 1970 and that date just by sheer coincidence(!) happened to have been the 100th anniversary of the birth of Soviet communist dictator Vladimir Lenin.
Now here are 13 wild predictions from the first Earth Day as listed by Ronald Bailey on Reason.com on May 1, 2000. Notice that none of them has even vaguely come true:
- "Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind." — Harvard biologist George Wald
- "We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation." — Washington University biologist Barry Commoner
- "Man must stop pollution and conserve his resources, not merely to enhance existence but to save the race from intolerable deterioration and possible extinction." — New York Times editorial
- "Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years." — Stanford University biologist Paul Ehrlich
- "Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born… [By 1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s." — Paul Ehrlich
- "It is already too late to avoid mass starvation," — Denis Hayes, Chief organizer for Earth Day
- "Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions…. By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine." — North Texas State University professor Peter Gunter
- "In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution… by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half." — Life magazine
- "At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it's only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable." — Ecologist Kenneth Watt
- "Air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone." — Paul Ehrlich
- "By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate… that there won't be any more crude oil. You'll drive up to the pump and say, ‘Fill 'er up, buddy,' and he'll say, ‘I am very sorry, there isn't any.'" — Ecologist Kenneth Watt
- "[One] theory assumes that the earth's cloud cover will continue to thicken as more dust, fumes, and water vapor are belched into the atmosphere by industrial smokestacks and jet planes. Screened from the sun's heat, the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born." — Newsweek magazine
- "The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age." — Kenneth Watt
(Please bookmark this website. And please click the Google button (g+1) at the top of this page and recommend this site to all of your friends via Facebook, MySpace and any other means. Let’s make Nikitas3.com the #1 conservative site by word of mouth. Thank you, Nikitas)