On May 1 a forest fire broke out in the remote northern part of the province of Alberta, Canada. It is a huge fire and it is still burning. The fire almost wiped out the ‘boom town’ of Fort McMurray, which is at the center of the Alberta oil sands industry.
Environmentalists hate the oil sands which are massive deposits of oil (up to 1 trillion barrels) where crude oil is mixed in with sand under the heavily forested region.
In the mining operation the trees are cut and the oil/sand mixture is scraped off of the surface. The oil then is separated out using heat and it is refined into gasoline, heating oil, jet fuel, etc. The sand then is spread back on the ground and trees and grass are replanted to return the area to a natural appearance.
The oil sands are a significant contributor to the Canadian economy and the fire has disrupted the operations, pushing up global gasoline prices and harming Canada’s and Alberta’s economy.
Nikitas3.com believes that the fire was set intentionally by ‘green’ terrorists in order to destroy the oil sands industry. After all, out of 3.8 million square miles of Canada the fire just happened to break out close to the oil sands operations that environmentalists detest.
There was no known lightning in the area, and thus the fire has been attributed to man-made causes. And since the area where the fire started is wilderness it is highly unlikely that the cause would be a casual human accident.
Eco-arson would follow a pattern of radical environmentalists seeking to shut down every reliable energy source available to man from oil to coal to natural gas to nuclear power. After all these ‘greenies’ believe that oil is killing the whole planet and thus some of them would not hesitate to burn down a whole city in order “to save the rest of the world” – in their twisted view, that is. There even was despicable internet chatter among some ‘greenies’ that Fort McMurray deserved to be burned down. Fortunately it largely survived but with extensive damage in some outlying residential areas, with more than 2,000 houses burned.
‘Green’ Robber Barons then want to replace our reliable energy sources with windmills and solar panels that will make the environmentalists wealthy while the rest of us suffer with skyrocketing energy costs due to a shrinking energy supply.
Naturally the environmentalists have gone on the offensive. With the fire still raging they not only have been refusing to even consider that their own ‘greenie’ terrorists may have set the fire, but they are turning the whole issue on its head. They are declaring that the fire is a result of so-called ‘climate change’ which they claim comes from burning too much coal and natural gas and oil, like that coming from the oil sands.
Yet the rapid spread of the fire is being attributed to natural drought conditions in the combustible pine forests of Alberta after a dry and warm winter. And while this winter was known to be a product of the naturally recurring El Nino climate cycle that has affected North America from Florida to Alaska, making some areas unduly warm and others cool, the ‘green’ extremists will have nothing of it. They are crying that the conditions are a result of ‘climate change’ or ‘global warming’ or whatever they are calling it these days.
Conversely they also are implying, as they always do, that there never has been a fire like this before, or weather conditions like this, that this is all something unprecedented from the allegedly higher temperatures and drought conditions of ‘global warming’.
But how would they know this anyway? That part of Canada has only been settled in the last 130 years and so the ‘greenies’ don’t know what the history is. There may have been fires as bad or much worse long before the burning of oil and coal, during natural droughts and El Nino cycles over the last 5,000 years.
It is important to remember how the ‘greenies’ work. They have concocted a theory (‘climate change”) and now they are sticking to that story like glue. They never, ever admit that there is anything wrong or questionable with their theory, first and foremost that it would never stand up in an everyday court of law based on the evidence.
Even after the famous “Climate-gate” e-mail scandal emerged, in which top ‘warming’ scientists were caught discussing ways to fudge the figures which were not adding up to the crisis that they were promoting, environmentalists have completely ignored and covered up “Climate-gate”. It is part of their pattern to never allow anyone anywhere to question their fantastic claims.
Just look at some of the outrageous stories that these “greenies” have been putting out since the first so-called “earth day” in 1970 and you see the pattern.
Remember the “hole in the ozone layer” about 15 years ago? That was supposed to be a “hole” in the atmosphere over the North Pole, and a major global crisis that was going to kill the earth. But after industry changed the propellants in spray cans away from so-called ‘chlorofluorocarbons’ (yes, friends, that is what the ‘greenies’ claimed the solution was), the “hole” magically disappeared.
It is just amazing how these people work. They are like Hollywood screenwriters who make up a crisis and then appoint themselves to heroically solve it before the movie ends. Then they make another movie. And another. It never ends. Just like their friends in Hollywood.
They do this all for one simple reason – to raise money for ‘green’ organizations like the Sierra Club. If they didn’t have these ongoing crises to point to the contributions would fall off.
Then remember that millions of scientists, academics, environmentalists and journalists worldwide make a living preaching “warming” or “climate change”. This is where their paycheck comes from. And if anyone disagrees, that person can lose their job. It has happened over and over.
Remember the Golden Rule of Environmentalism: It is all about the money. Period. End of story. It has nothing to do with the natural environment.
It is environmentalists themselves whom we should fear most. Now just to remind you about the fraud from the enviro movement at the highest levels here is a doomsday list from top eco-leaders. Every one of these predictions made on the first so-called “earth day” in 1970 has been proven spectacularly and laughably wrong (thanks to Reason.com for this list):
1. “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.” — Harvard biologist George Wald
2. “We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation.” — Washington University biologist Barry Commoner
3. “Man must stop pollution and conserve his resources, not merely to enhance existence but to save the race from intolerable deterioration and possible extinction.” — New York Times editorial
4. “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.” — Stanford University biologist Paul Ehrlich
5. “Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born… [By 1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s.” — Paul Ehrlich
6. “It is already too late to avoid mass starvation,” — Denis Hayes, Chief organizer for Earth Day
7. “Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions…. By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.” — North Texas State University professor Peter Gunter
8. “In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution… by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half.” — Life magazine
9. “At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.” — Ecologist Kenneth Watt
10. “Air pollution…is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone.” — Paul Ehrlich
11. “By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate… that there won’t be any more crude oil. You’ll drive up to the pump and say, ‘Fill ‘er up, buddy,’ and he’ll say, ‘I am very sorry, there isn’t any.'” — Ecologist Kenneth Watt
12. “[One] theory assumes that the earth’s cloud cover will continue to thicken as more dust, fumes, and water vapor are belched into the atmosphere by industrial smokestacks and jet planes. Screened from the sun’s heat, the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born.” — Newsweek magazine
13. “The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.” — Kenneth Watt